Monday, March 24, 2008

Day One - Let the madness begin

Well I realised that I hadn't blogged this year on ANY of the blog accounts I have so thought why not start a themed one, one that is close to my heart ...errrrr stomach.

This blog is going to chart my attempts at weight loss through diet and exercise. Now before you stop reading this blog and it sounds soooooooooo boring, let me tell you that I hope to not simply chronicle my calorie intake and measurements. It will certainly list some of my achievements (hopefully) and some of my failings (most definitely) however it will also be an insight into my psyche during this challenge as well. You see I have a habit of getting obsessed with things and for this month this is it.

The Rules

(these rules are not for you dear reader, rather for me)

Recently I found out that I am wheat intolerant. Not quite a coeliac like one of my good friends however I have a slight aversion to wheat, in addition it appears that I'm glucose resistant (not diabetic). In the past a low carb diet has certainly worked for me so based on all of that these are my rules

  • No bread, pasta, potato
  • No sugar, chocolate (except the occasional low carb version)
  • Rice - limited to once a week
  • Fish, chicken and meat whenever I feel like it
  • an apple a day (cliched I know)
  • Nuts - occasionally
  • Coffee limited to mornings
Ok there are the food rules now the dreaded exercise rules
  • Gym every second day for cardio and treadmill
  • Walk the dogs every day
  • Some form of ab work every day
  • Tae Bo at least twice a week
  • Yoga/Pilates at least once a week
Ok, now I'm even boring myself.

You, dear reader, will never know my weight simply know how much I manage to lose starting from today, D Day. Oh and I should let you know that although I work in a metric society I'm using good old pounds (because the weight goes down faster!)

Anyway I will sign off for now and return soon with the results of this regime.

Can she do it?
How long will it last?
Can she actually get off her butt?

Stay tuned to find out

1 comment:

Digger said...

I believe in you. You can do it.